Sunday, May 21, 2006

This Old Love

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
BEST EVER!!!!!

Okay, so at 8.. we (Jenn, Jackie, I) headed down via train (shudder) to the Corner to see Lior perform (meeting Spaydey & Jess along the way), BUT little did we know that we got sucked in to watch Rob someone-soy-or-other-sanchez and FRUIT (Yes it is a band...all three girls) Okay so, Rob was a crazy nut on the guitar, even incorporating the harmonica as well, in attempt to look "talented". WELL YES so I thought that wasn't oh-so impressive but HAYDEN tried to convince me that Fruit would be like 15093 better than Rob and even better than Lior. OH was he wrong! One looks like a guy, another looks like a MissyHiggins gone wrong and the other one was a Dixie Chick. OH my.. so I think that whole Einstein's relativity certainly kicked in cause it felt like they were singing FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
BUT FINALLY IT CAME.. and oh-my was it good.

[Courtesy of Mr Hayden Jose]

SIGHHHHhh :) He makes me SWOONNNNn. So does his drummer Michael Iveson, really cool guy I must say. The atmosphere, although a bit crammed was great. Everyone was just so enthusiastic and supportive. But I don't think that I could possibly sum up how ridiculously talented and amazing he is nor would my words give his singing any justice. So yes they did a good job of sucking me in good and making me spend $60 on that one night after buying the beautiful T-Shirt that cost $30.
BUT it was worth it just cause it said Lior :). Man I am the BIGGEST sucker EVER... not to mention the biggest impulse buyer. So just the impulse buyer without the buyer part. I gave away my beloved CD to Hayden so he could have a signed copy too (NOOOO regrets :)). YEAH, WE MET LIOR :O. We were about to walk out after being sucked into buying these T-shirts and then I saw Lior coming off the stage and so I just HAD to see him. So I got my two CD's signed, one for Hayden - With Love.
AWWWW :) and to top it off he even took a photo with me and Jenn. And he kept my pen/texta thing, maybe he'll write a song with it (reverie courtesy of Jenn) awwwwwww. AND he remembered my name and I quote 'Thanks Ruth' Okay enough of this babble from me. I shall leave you with this last photo.[Courtesy of Mr Hayden Jose]

Addicted To : Lior - This Old Love