Chocolate coated shortbread.
My gift to my fellow colleagues and to some other special people.
I never believed in waking up on the wrong side of bed until today.
I woke up and it felt like I was sleeping on a brick the whole night. My whole left side of my body ached (cause I always sleep on my left) and I felt lightheaded and dizzy for 20 minutes.
The day wasn't too bad since it was company christmas lunch.
We headed out to the Pinewood Hotel restaurant which was quite a treat.
A cranberry juice, roasted duck, wild mushroom and pinenut risotto, cheese platter and chai latte was an excellent way to waste away 3 and a half hours of a usual work day (with the help of a few collegues who were under the influence)
Then came the storm.
Rain more than bucketed down and the streets were literally flooded which forced me to stay at work till 5:30 watching people drive by in the storm on Ferntree Gully road.
Next door the other office evacuated their building as the sirens wailed and their underground carpark flooded (with cars inside).
I managed to park on higher ground and got home safely even though the traffic lights weren't working and I had to figure out when it was safe for me to drive through the intersection without my car being clothes lined.
jw - thanks a bunch :) you're a great distant friend. one day i will return the favour.
Addicted To: Erykah Badu - Penitentiary Philosophy
