Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Elbows

Don't you love it when life feels like this:

"For those who have matchmaking down to an art
They'd say that we're off to a broken heart

But there's never an argument
I don't need an apology
It's all half a dozen eggplants
Or six aubergines"

& doesn't this make you smile

"Because the world's getting crowded and I can't see a lapse
It's not about leaving spaces but filling the gaps
We're all knocking and bumping strangers all the time
Sometimes we don't notice, mostly we don't mind

A foot brushes your ankle on a peak hour bus
Someone's hand on the small of your back as they pass
A shopkeepers fingers while handing your change
Can lightly brush yours without feeling too strange

But why I felt so alive I can't quite determine
There could be a word to explain it in German
Some take others home, waking up to regret it
We only touched elbows and I'll never forget it"

Too bad life isn't like that. I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry.

Addicted To: Darren Hanlon - A to Z