"How many times have you heard someone say
If I had money, I'd do things my way,
But little they know that its so hard to find
One rich man in ten with a satisfied mind.
Money can't buy back your youth when you're old
A friend, when you're lonely, or peace to your soul.
The wealthiest person is a pauper at times
Compared to the man with a satisfied mind.
When my life is over and my time has run out.
My friends and my loved ones, I'll leave them no doubt.
But, one things gone for certain, when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.
Satisfied mind."
That's my funeral song. You might think it's kind of strange or even morbid for me to have a funeral song planned out but, that song just sums life up. How everything material is just so insignificant in comparison to everything else (friends, love), basically contentment. So remember, Satisfied Mind - either by Jeff Buckley or if someone could sing it (cough Charles Lim :) - if you could kkthx). Yeah but lately I've been mulling over a lot of things, mostly about whether people know themselves the best and the never ending war between the heart and mind. Sometimes I really hate emotions, it makes us so irrational sometimes. I mean things you do one moment may seem so right and then the next it seems so stupid. It's funny. It's annoying. Satisfied Mind? CALM DOWN I'm no emo, I just enjoy wearing tight black pants and black chucks and wearing excessive eyeliner and hanging out at Flinders Station.
I'll edit the rest later, after I think more about it.
**edit
I think I strive too much for perfection. Sometimes it's a good thing but sometimes it's not. Perfection in friendship, I know it's impossible but I just can't seem to stop looking for it. Is it possible to find perfection or do we just have to settle for what we have? Is it possible to change people? Oh I'm so foolish.
Addicted To: The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun