
8:00pm at St Kilda's Palais Theatre.
We sat SO extremely close to the stage (Thanks Vi for booking the tickets) and it was a full house (including Michael Klim). Lisa was AMAZING & she really did sound JUST like the recordings.

The band
Damien was a bit too relaxed though and after a while he decided to grab a glass of wine and left Vyvienne Long (& Lisa) to entertain us with her comical songs. A member of the audience was also allowed to play & sing us a song (which was extremely terrible, but we applauded him on his efforts).


The beautiful Lisa Hannigan & her counterpart Damien Rice
Line up of songs. Baby Sister, Sand, Coconut Skins, Woman Like A Man, The Blower's Daughter/Creep, Elephant, 9 Crimes, Older Chests, I Remember, The Professor, Rootless Tree, Toffee Pop, Cold Water, Accidental Babies, Volcano & a song which I call Purple Fear Eye. Damien decided that he wanted to sing a song on the spot using the words: purple, fear, eye & Liz. I have terrible quality videos (with decent sound) which are on youtube so do have a look see :).
ALL photos courtesy of THE greatest photographer that I know - Hayden Jose :)
After that terribly EXCITING night where I got home at 2am I had to wake up at 7am for Uni orientation where I essentially learnt that uni life really is all about BOOZECLUBBINGBOOZECLUBBINGBOOZE. Seriously, I'm not really interested in getting so off my face I don't remember what I'm doing (and I regret everything the next morning) & I really am not interested in sleezy nightclubs (yes, face it that's what nightclubs are). I suppose it was fun going around with Vicky, Chris & Abs taking a billion bottles of Mt Franklin water and seeing Julian take a whole bag only to find that it breaks in the middle of the oval! Also, friend finding is a bit tough seeing that 40% of Glen Waverley High students are going to Monash (hohoho). I suppose it's not a HUGELY important deal but it's kind of funny. Well at least my timetable is freaking sweeeeet.
Line up of songs. Baby Sister, Sand, Coconut Skins, Woman Like A Man, The Blower's Daughter/Creep, Elephant, 9 Crimes, Older Chests, I Remember, The Professor, Rootless Tree, Toffee Pop, Cold Water, Accidental Babies, Volcano & a song which I call Purple Fear Eye. Damien decided that he wanted to sing a song on the spot using the words: purple, fear, eye & Liz. I have terrible quality videos (with decent sound) which are on youtube so do have a look see :).
ALL photos courtesy of THE greatest photographer that I know - Hayden Jose :)
After that terribly EXCITING night where I got home at 2am I had to wake up at 7am for Uni orientation where I essentially learnt that uni life really is all about BOOZECLUBBINGBOOZECLUBBINGBOOZE. Seriously, I'm not really interested in getting so off my face I don't remember what I'm doing (and I regret everything the next morning) & I really am not interested in sleezy nightclubs (yes, face it that's what nightclubs are). I suppose it was fun going around with Vicky, Chris & Abs taking a billion bottles of Mt Franklin water and seeing Julian take a whole bag only to find that it breaks in the middle of the oval! Also, friend finding is a bit tough seeing that 40% of Glen Waverley High students are going to Monash (hohoho). I suppose it's not a HUGELY important deal but it's kind of funny. Well at least my timetable is freaking sweeeeet.
Addicted To: Damien Rice - Coconut Skins