Friday, February 09, 2007

Time After Time

Before I go into a SPEEEL of whinging and complaining I'd like to wish ALL the best to Sarah (Pong) and Krishna (Abo/Moodoo). I hope you both will have HEAPS of fun in ANU (not too much so that you don't come back to Melbourne) and take care okay! I'll miss both of you terribly! Funny, both of you are great people to talk to and you both give really good advice and have always had time for me to whine to :) You guys are great, don't ever ever ever forget it!!

I dread micro & macro economics this year! The thought of going back to studying is not good, not good at all. After selecting my subjects and organising my timetable I still don't feel any more prepared for university. I'm definitely wearing my "I want to be friends" t-shirt on the first day.It's also a bit scary cause I suppose I'm not 100% sure if I want to do accounting for the rest of my life. I hate all the people who just say "do what you enjoy doing" cause realistically it's hard for a lot of people to do that sort of thing. I enjoy a lot of things but you can't expect me to go far in life doing things that I'm not excellent at. I suppose I'm just not willing to risk financial stability. Now I just keep my fingers crossed and hope I'll learn to love it or at least put up with it for the rest of my life.

On a lighter note I can't stop wearing these glasses. Sure they make me look like a fob, but imagine.. intelligent fob :). I also need to go job hunting, I'm not getting nearly enough hours at work and I spend more than I earn. Maybe my scholarship money will hurry up and I can purchase those Jack Purcell flats (someone? $99 USD) and a new mp3 player. I really mustmustmust stop raving about buying things. I really mustmustmust stop being so materialistic.
If I want to be something, does it mean that it's not 'me'. When are we truly ourselves? Who knows us the best? When people say 'Just be yourself' what does it mean? Aren't we always ourselves? There's no line between real and fake, is there? I can never seem to fully comprehend these things and it DRIVES ME CRAZYYYYYYYYYy.

Addicted To: Frou Frou - Maddening Shroud